As you’ll be aware, due to increasing COVID cases, the government has announced a second national lockdown from Thursday, 5 November.
Regrettably, we must once again – from 5pm on Wednesday 4 November – close both Woodcock Street and the Council House. Those of you who have chosen to meet or work in those locations are now asked to work from home instead, using virtual Teams Meetings wherever possible. At this stage, we anticipate both buildings will be closed until the New Year. We will, however, continue to operate our emergency response services from Lancaster Circus – as we did during the previous lockdown (so there is no change for those of you who have been working from there). Further updates will follow in due course.
Previous guidance (not currently applicable)
The expectation is that you will still use IT equipment in a similar way to a hot-desking work style or when working from home. IT & Digital Services cannot provide the same level of technical support as with the pre-Covid-19 working environment, such as on-site engineer support, so it’s important to note the following information:
- IT equipment - you must bring your work laptop, mouse, work mobile phone etc – for health and safety purposes do not use any docking stations or screens left on hot desks.
- Connectivity - for health and safety purposes do not use network cables - instead connect to the council network using either the public wi-fi or corporate wi-fi, depending on access requirements for certain applications.
- The following IT facilities will not be available -
- Online technical and security guidance - a range of important advice is available on the employees IT guidance pages.
- Reporting technical issues and requests
- technical issues should be reported in the usual way, online via the IT&D Portal, by phoning 0121 464 4444