Who we're looking for
COVID-19 Community Champions are residents who live or work in Birmingham that want to make a difference in their communities.
You might be the person that everyone knows and trusts.
You might be someone who wants to help in whatever way you can - even if this is your first-time volunteering.
Do you have the qualities, values and skills to become a champion?
Whoever you are – please help us to enable you to support others.
- Live or work in Birmingham
- Be over 18 years old to join this programme (If you are under 18, please email Juliet Faulkner to join our COVID Youth Champions Programme)
- Be able to receive emails
Important attributes for a COVID-19 Community Champion
- You are passionate about making sure that your community receive reliable and up to date information about COVID-19.
- Ability to work alongside others in a non-judgemental and respectful way
- Be able to appreciate people’s right to make decisions for themselves
- Be reliable
- Good social skills and a good listener
- Ability to give and receive feedback/advice
- Have a sensitive and caring attitude towards others
- Have a positive and enthusiastic attitude