NHS Test and Trace
The Government has launched NHS Test and Trace. This service will help to:
- identify, contain and control the virus.
- limit the spread of the infection.
- save lives.>
Information from the Government: NHS test and trace: how it works
Information from the NHS: What to do if you're contacted by the NHS Test and Trace service
|Step 1||Step 2||If you test negative for COVID-19||If you test positive for COVID-19|
||Share contacts via NHS Test and Trace|
|Step 1||Step 2||Step 3||If you test negative for COVID-19||If you test positive for COVID – 19|
|You may be alerted by NHS Test and Trace||Isolate for 14 days after close contact||
If you develop symptoms
Important Information about NHS Test and Trace
You'll be contacted by email, text or phone.
Text messages will come from the NHS. Calls will come from 0300 0135000.
Children under 18 will be contacted by phone wherever possible and asked for their parent or guardian's permission to continue the call.
The NHS Test and Trace service will not:
- ask for bank details or payments.
- ask for details of any other accounts, such as social media.
- ask you to set up a password or PIN number over the phone.
- ask you to call a premium rate number, such as those starting 09 or 087.