Support available for Citizens during COVID-19
The current COVID-19 situation continues to affect each and everyone of us and as we are unsure how long it will continue, here are some key support routes that may be useful to you.
- The latest government advice must always be followed. We would still encourage you to seek support from your family and friends in the first instance.
- Your Adult Social Care and support will continue as normal, if it needs to change, we will contact you. We will ensure our staff are provided with appropriate clothing where needed.
- The government may take further decisions about shielding vulnerable people. Again, always refer to the latest government advice.
- Access to supermarkets for vulnerable shoppers is still available. You can go direct to the supermarkets or contact our emergency help line on 0121 303 1116, and officers can book you a Tesco or Iceland delivery slot. If you do not have access to a computer, please call the helpline and they will refer your details to a voluntary organisation who will be able to help.
- Adult Social Care support and advice is still available by contacting your local social work team. If you do not know how to do this and need help urgently, please call 0121 303 1234.
- Volunteers continue to assist us in local areas. Please note that if you ask for assistance, this may come from another more appropriate organisation. More details can be found on the Route 2 Wellbeing website.
- Support to carers is available from Birmingham Carers Hub which can be contacted on 0333 006 9711 or at www.forwardcarers.org.