Our digital services
Our free e-lending and other online services will continue:
- Huge range of digital resources for adults and children including ebooks, e-audiobooks, e-magazines, and e-newspapers.
- Virtual Library services including children’s activities, family history research, business advice, and online learning.
- Family History Research - A selection of websites to help you research your family history. You can now access Birmingham Ancestry sources for Family History from home! Please see our guide.
- Learn at home - There are many resources available to support you learning a new hobby or expand your knowledge. We have made available from your own home some of our subscription websites.
- Business and Learning - We are still offering our dedicated business email facility. For all business enquiries, you can email the team on firstname.lastname@example.org. If we cannot offer the advice you need, we will make sure we signpost and provide alternative options. Find out more about the range of services we offer.
- Everything Birmingham - Learn more about Birmingham’s history and the wonderful collections held in our archives.
- Archives and Community Heritage Update - Stay up-to-date with all things heritage in this new digital newsletter! The production of the update is a collaboration between the Archives, Community Libraries, the Library of Birmingham, Library Services at Home, the Mobile Library, and the Prison Library! Our aim is to share Birmingham’s history, archives, and community heritage activities, showcasing our city’s unique and irreplaceable archival collections, and keeping you updated about projects and events you can get involved with! In every issue there will be a range of articles and fun quiz activities to involve you with our unique and irreplaceable collections! The sections will vary each issue but will include articles on historical Birmingham topics, book reviews, quizzes, news from the archives and the community libraries, together with updates on projects and events, and how you can get involved! Sign up for FREE.
- Birmingham Libraries Facebook and Twitter sites