Timetable for SEN secondary transfer
September to June of your child’s year 5 academic year
- Annual Review meetings held for Year 5 pupils to discuss the transition to secondary school placements with particular focus on necessary provision and planning.
By end of Summer Term 2019 of your child’s year 5 academic year
- Completed Annual Review information sent to the SENAR Service for consideration.
- Recommended that you make secondary school visits, with potential support and involvement of primary school SENCO or other relevant professional.
Your completed preference forms should be returned to:
- your child’s primary school; or
- SENAR, Birmingham City Council, PO Box 16289, Birmingham B2 2XN; or to SENAR.email@example.com
If your child attends an independent school or a school outside of Birmingham, you should send the form back directly to Birmingham City Council.
Autumn Term 2019 of your child’s year 6 academic year
Birmingham City Council's formal consultation with the Governing Bodies of your preferred secondary school(s).
Consultations may also be sent to the Governing Bodies of secondary schools deemed appropriate by Birmingham City Council, in line with efficient use of resources.
By end of Autumn Term and the beginning Spring Term of your child’s year 6 academic year
Notice of Amendment and letter of intent will be sent you, identifying any proposed amendments to the EHC Plan and the intended secondary school to be named in Section I of the EHC Plan.
You will have an opportunity to make written representations to the proposals.