Parents or young people requesting an Education, Health and Care Plan assessment
In most cases schools will ask for a child to be assessed after they’ve:
- spoken with the child’s parent/carer
- followed a plan of extra help
If you’re a parent or a young person (aged over 16 and under 25) you can make a request for an assessment. We recommend that where a child or young person is at an early years provider, school or college you talk to a member of staff first. They will be able to make the referral for them if appropriate.
- Parent request for an ehc assessment
- Guidance on completing section a for parental requests
- Young Person request for an ehc Assessment
- Guidance on completing the Personal Profile section for young people
- Read more about EHCP on the Gov.uk website
Please email your Education, Health and Care Assessment, including supporting evidence to: SENARSecured@birmingham.gcsx.gov.uk or post to:
If you would like to speak to someone before sending in your application, please get in touch using the contact details below.