Parents or young people requesting an Education, Health and Care Plan assessment
In most cases schools will ask for a child to be assessed after they’ve:
- spoken with the child’s parent/carer
- followed a plan of extra help
If you’re a parent or a young person (aged over 16 and under 25) you can make a request for an assessment. We recommend that where a child or young person is at an early years provider, school or college you talk to a member of staff first. They will be able to make the referral for them if appropriate.
- Parent request for an ehc assessment
- Guidance on completing section a for parental requests
- Young Person request for an ehc Assessment
- Guidance on completing the Personal Profile section for young people
- Read more about EHCP on the Gov.uk website
Please email your Education, Health and Care Assessment, including supporting evidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post to: SEN Assessment and Review, PO Box 16289, Birmingham B2 2XN
If you would like to speak to someone before sending in your application, please get in touch using the contact details below.