Parents or young people requesting an Education, Health and Care Plan assessment

In most cases schools will ask for a child to be assessed after they’ve:

  • spoken with the child’s parent/carer
  • followed a plan of extra help

If you’re a parent  or a young person (aged over 16 and under 25) you can make a request for an assessment. We recommend that where a child or young person is at an early years provider, school or college you talk to a member of staff first. They will be able to make the referral for them if appropriate.

Please email your Education, Health and Care Assessment, including supporting evidence to: or post to: SEN Assessment and Review, PO Box 16289, Birmingham B2 2XN

If you would like to speak to someone before sending in your application, please get in touch using the contact details below.

rating button