How to use your baby and treasure packs
Babies can join the library as soon as they are born. There is no charge for damage to books. It is all absolutely free.
With your baby:
- Share the board books and rhymes every day, even if it’s only for a few minutes
- You can point to the pictures and talk about the story
- You can also join in at a session for under 5s at a library near you, or watch an online rhyme time.
With your toddler:
- Use the stories to help them develop their reading skills, and build up their knowledge and understanding of words and phrases
- Talk to your child about the stories and characters, listen to what they have to say
- Point to the text as you read
- You can take pre-school children to the library or listen to a story online
- Let your child choose more books to read together
The library service does not currently charge for damaged books borrowed by children aged 0 to 5 years. However, we do expect parents to teach their children to respect their library books and return them in good condition for other children to enjoy too.
There are more books to read and share online, you’ll just need your library card to get started: