You will need to register for an Archives Card to view documents in the Wolfson Centre for Archival Research. Registration requires an e-mail address. Watch this ‘how to’ video to help you to register.
To complete the process, you will then need to visit a participating office within three months and bring your identification.
You will need to produce TWO pieces of identification documentation, one from List A and one from List B below – the same document cannot be used as both your proof of your identity and proof of your address. Archives Cards cannot be issued without full and correct identification.
A. Proof of identity (must include a valid signature):
- Driving licence
- Bank card
- Credit card
- Government / local council staff ID
- UK or other European Union national ID card
- Police / Customs / Home Office warrant card
- HM Forces ID card
- Sea/Air Master’s licence
- NUJ pass
B. Proof of address:
- Driving licence with address
- TV licence
- Utility bill (issued within the last three months)
- Bank / building society statement (issued within the last three months)
- Credit card statement (issued within the last three months)
- Council tax bill / Council rent book (most recent bill)
- HM Revenue and Customs statement
- Passports with address (where the address has been officially entered by the issuing authority)
- UK or other European Union national ID card with address
- Home Office permit to stay
- University certificate for hall of residence (stamped and signed by institution)
- UK Firearms licence
- Home insurance policy (policy must be in force)
- International student photo card
There are more details about the Archives Card on the archives card website.
Once you have an Archives Card, please bring it with you for every visit to the Wolfson Centre for Archival Research.