Birmingham Cycle Revolution
Detailed information about Birmingham Cycle Revolution, including contact details and events, is available at the BCR website
Our vision is to make cycling an everyday way to travel in Birmingham over the next 20 years. We want 5% of all trips in the city to be made by bike by 2023 and to double this to 10% by 2033.
This will help to make our city healthier, greener, safer and less congested.
Proposed new cycle routes
We have recently consulted on the details of new routes along the A34 in Perry Barr and the A38 in Selly Oak to give cyclists protection from traffic and prioritised travel through junctions. We will read and consider all the feedback we have received before finalising the routes' design. We hope to begin construction later in 2017.
What other improvements are we making?
- better cycling facilities on our roads
- new and improved routes through parks and open spaces
- 20mph speed limits in residential areas
- resurfaced and upgraded canal towpaths
- support to organisations through the Top Cycle Locations initiative
- cycle hire facilities including Brompton Bike Hire
- free training and activities
- free bikes
In 2015/16, Big Birmingham Bikes gave away 3,400 bikes to adults across the city and we’re looking forward to expanding the programme to get whole families cycling in 2017.