E-cycle extension bid
In December 2020, Birmingham City Council submitted a bid to the Department for Transport’s E-cycles Extension Fund. Due to the short timescales for committing the funding, Birmingham City Council’s application for the E-Cycle Fund focuses on extending the scope or provision of existing cycle projects or those in development.
The bid was for £199,000 for a range of interventions, including:
- Increasing the number of e-cycles provided by the West Midlands Cycle Hire scheme in Birmingham by 20%
- Working with partners to provide access to groups likely to be excluded from existing schemes to access e-cycles e.g. older people, individuals with disabilities, those on low incomes:
- TAWS - cycling on prescription
- Midland Mencap - adding E-cycles to their adapted bike provision
- Bike Brum - accessing hard to reach communities
We will find out in Spring 2021 if our bid is successful, then the programme will run until autumn 2021.