rating button
Council and housing association transfers | Birmingham City Council

Scheduled maintenance - Housing online

Due to scheduled maintenance, Housing payments online and our online account will not be available between 8 and 9pm Wednesday 25 November. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Check out the latest advice, service disruptions, information and support about Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Council and housing association transfers

If you are a current Housing Association or Council tenant in Birmingham you can apply to transfer.  This can be done by joining the housing register where you will be assessed based upon your housing need.  You can also contact housing association directly.

You may also be able to swap homes with another council or housing association tenant.  For details on this see here 

If you are council tenant you can contact us if you wish to move to a smaller property.