Welcome to the Chamberlain Awards 2019
Birmingham City Council’s Recognition Scheme is named after Joseph Chamberlain, one of Birmingham’s most distinguished civic leaders, and is designed to recognise and reward excellence in the workplace, acknowledging outstanding achievements and saying a heartfelt “thank you” for employees of Birmingham City Council who have been seen to continuously “go that extra mile” for the organisation and the citizens of Birmingham.
The Chamberlain Awards scheme and ceremony are organised by the Birmingham City Council, Reward & Recognition team and are sponsored by external partners.
To nominate a colleague for an award, please complete the nomination form and email ChamberlainAwards@birmingham.gov.uk or print and post.
Nominations close on 30 November.
- Employee of the Year showcases someone who lives and breathes the council’s values – and makes a positive difference every day to the lives of people who live or work in Birmingham.
- Team of the Year spotlights an outstanding team that demonstrates our values in everything they do. They’ll be driven by results, proactive, keen promoters of the ‘modern workplace’, and have adopted smarter ways of working.
- Creative and Innovative Thinking recognises the person or team who’ve harnessed the opportunities created through digital technologies and agile working. They will have taken responsibility for their own performance – and encouraged others to do the same.
- Inspirational Leadership celebrates someone who’s been central to the success of a project or service. This might be because of their great qualities – such as honesty, integrity, accountability, creativity and innovation. Or it might be the way they’ve inspired others through the way they embody our values.
- Most Supportive Colleague recognises the person who always tries to help, support, motivate and develop other people. They notice when people need extra support – and offer it. They are creative problem solvers – and offer constructive suggestions for improvement.
- Putting Customers First recognises a person or team who listen carefully to understand people’s needs – and treat everybody with respect and understanding. They put themselves in other people’s shoes, have the ‘human touch’ and are patient and kind.
- Diversity Champion(s) recognises the work of an individual or team to celebrate the diversity of our city and workforce and/or promote the cause of equality for everybody.
- Rising Stars recognises anyone who’s shone in a new role. From apprentices, to graduates, to new starters, they’ve shown great attitude, initiative, accountability and responsibility.
Complete a nomination form
External (Stamp needed):
Birmingham B1 1BB