Between 1 April and 7 May, we consulted on proposals for bus priority measures in 5 locations:
- Smallbrook Queensway: A new bus lane on Smallbrook Queensway (starting just before Dudley Street and ending on the approach to Holloway Circus).
- Upper Dean Street: A bus gate will prevent general traffic accessing Upper Dean Street and Moat Lane from Pershore Street. Short bus lanes on Pershore Street will allow only buses, taxis and bicycles to turn into Upper Dean Street.
- Coventry Road: A new outbound bus lane from Digbeth High Street to Bordesley Circus.
- Rea Street: A new bus gate on Digbeth High Street (B4100) on the approach to the right turn into Rea Street (in the direction of Bordesley).
- Sherlock Street: A new outbound bus lane along Sherlock Street (between Gooch Street and Belgrave Middleway) and a shared footway/cycleway on Sherlock Street in the direction of Digbeth.
Map © Crown Copyright and database rights 2019 Ordnance Survey 100021326
The consultation has now closed and we are reviewing your responses, Following feedback, proposals for Sherlock Street were revised and we consulted on the new plans between 4 June and 4 July 2019.