Works are now complete.
Please remember that you should not enter a yellow box (yellow criss-cross lines painted on the road surface) until your exit road or lane is clear. The yellow boxes are an important part of the operation of the Holloway Circus junction, and delays are caused if motorists block access to vehicles which have right of way.
Planned improvements include:
- providing a left turn only lane from Holloway Head into Suffolk Street Queensway.
- installing additional traffic signals.
- upgrading two existing pedestrian crossing points to Toucan (ie can be used by pedestrians and cycles).
- improvements to street lighting.
- relocating CCTV equipment into the central island with additional subway CCTV.
Some of the money for this scheme has been provided by the Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership’s Local Growth Fund, as part of the Midlands Engine.