The junction is currently fully open during the day, with some overnight closures of the lane on the Holloway Head approach to the Holloway Circus junction and round onto Suffolk Street Queensway.
When the lane is closed, there may be delays on Holloway Head, tailing back to Bath Row. We recommend drivers should avoid using Bath Row/Holloway Head towards Holloway Circus and should instead divert via Islington Row Middleway/Lee Bank Middleway, turning left onto Bristol Street to approach Holloway Circus from the south.
The loading bay/bus stop on Suffolk Street Queensway (outside Kensington House) will remain suspended. Buses which usually travel along Bath Row and Holloway Head (services 80, 80A, 98 and X64) are diverted via Broad Street when travelling into the city centre.
In February, there will need to be some overnight closures of half the junction at a time for resurfacing. The exact dates are to be confirmed.
We recommend travellers use public transport wherever possible to minimise delays.
The works are currently on target to be completed on time in Spring 2018.
Planned improvements include:
- providing a left turn only lane from Holloway Head into Suffolk Street Queensway.
- installing additional traffic signals.
- upgrading two existing pedestrian crossing points to Toucan (ie can be used by pedestrians and cycles).
- improvements to street lighting.
- relocating CCTV equipment into the central island with additional subway CCTV.