M6 J6/A38(M) Spaghetti/Gravelly Hill Interchange
Highways England are continuing a concrete repair and resurfacing scheme at Spaghetti Junction during summer 2017.
Traffic management will be in place during the works, including seven full weekend closures of junction 6 of the M6, entry and exit slip roads slip roads and the A38(M) into and out of Birmingham.
The work will be carried out during the summer months when the road is at its quietest with the M6 itself remaining fully open throughout.
National Express West Midlands are offering a special £12 weekly bus ticket on routes 65, 66, 67, X3, X4 and X5 during the works.
Weekdays from 13 July to 4 September:
- The tidal flow lane on the A38(M) (controlled by electronic overhead signs) will be closed.
- Narrow lanes on A38(M) with a 30mph speed limit for safety reasons.
- The Gravelly Hill approach to the A38(M) will be closed
- Gravelly Hill closed into city from Six Ways to the A38(M) (access to frontages only), diversions will be in place.
- The Tyburn Road approach to the A38(M) will be closed, Tyburn Road itself will remain open.
- Park Circus on slip will remain open.
- Salford Circus will remain open.
Weekend closures to 28 August:
- There will be no weekend closures for 18 to 21 August. Weekday restrictions will be in place as above.
- From 8pm Friday 25 August to 6am Monday 28 August the A38(M) Aston Expressway will be closed.
- No traffic will be able to access the Expressway to either enter or leave Birmingham.
- From 8pm Friday 25 August to 6am Monday 28 August there will be restrictions to M6 J6. Entry slip roads from Salford Circus onto the M6 northbound and southbound will be open. All other slip roads on and off the M6 at junction 6 will be closed.
We advise you to plan well ahead, allow more time for journeys and consider alternative modes of transport including public transport whenever possible.
Highways England Customer Contact Centre is also available 24 hours a day on 0300 123 5000.