Cabinet Member for Environment
The Cabinet Member has accountability for:
- Waste strategy and services: Development of a financially and environmentally sustainable waste strategy for the city and ensuring delivery. Collection and sustainable disposal of waste from residential and other properties within the city and street cleansing.
- Pest control: Provision of the pest control service.
- Cleaner neighbourhoods: Street cleansing, litter prevention, fly tipping, graffiti, placarding, scrap yards and motor salvage operators.
- Recycling: Development of a robust re-use and recycle strategy for the city and ensuring delivery.
- Parks and allotments: Provision and usage of facilities, including grounds maintenance.
- Green city: Working with partners to develop a strategy for sustainability, liveability, and environmental improvement for the city.
- Climate change: Engaging in proactive citywide and national policy development to tackle the causes and consequences of climate change.