- there are currently 40 electoral wards in Birmingham with an average population size of 28,500 compared with 27,000 in 2011.
- in 2016 the largest wards was Nechells (39,100) and the smallest Sutton Newhall (22,200).
- 2011 to 2065 there was population growth for all wards but 5, Moseley & Kings Heath, 3 Sutton wards and Bournville.
- Bordesley Green and Washwood Heath were very young wards where almost 1/3 of population were under 15 years old.
- Ladywood (83%), Selly Oak (82%) and Edgbaston (76%) have very proportions of people of working age, the Birmingham average was 64%.