Refer a child who you’re concerned about

If you’re a working for an agency that’s involved with a child who you suspect or believe is suffering, or is likely to suffer significant harm, you should report your concerns to the Children's Advice and Support Service (CASS) immediately.

To help decide whether to contact us to make a referral, you should look at Birmingham’s multi-agency threshold document, Right Service, Right Time, and speak to your agency’s safeguarding representative.

Report your concerns to CASS

To report your concerns to CASS you need to download and complete a referral form.

Download referral form

You can view guidance for filling out the form on Birmingham Safeguarding Children Board's website.  If you're concerned about child sexual exploitation, you should also complete the Child screening exploitation tool.

Once you’ve completed the form you need to return it to either:

Alternatively, to make a referral directly to children’s social care you can call us using the contact details below. Please note that if you contact us by phone, you will still need to complete a referral form within 24 hours of calling us.