How to complete the preference form
Complete the form in BLOCK CAPITALS using black ink.
- PART 1: Check that the student’s details in Part 1 of the form are correct
- PART 1: If the pre-printed address is incorrect, write the correct address in the space provided and attach proof of residence, such as a recent utility bill, by stapling it to the form
- PART 2: If a student intends to leave education to attend university or begin work please complete Part 2 and move onto Part 6
- PART 3: Enter the names of placements, including any preferences for placements in other Local Authorities. Keep in mind that other Local Authorities may not be able to offer a placement, because the setting is full or they do not feel they can meet needs, as examples. Therefore, it is also advisable to include some Birmingham placements in the preferences
- PART 3: If any of the preferences are for a place in a Resource Base, rather than the mainstream part of a school, please write ‘Resource Base’ next to the name of the placement on the form
- PART 3: If a college has multiple campuses, please provide the name of the campus that a student wishes to attend. Please also include the name and level of course they wish to enroll on
- PART 4: Please include the Career Action Plan and any other information that is relevant to a preference. Attach additional sheets, by staple to the back of the form
- PART 4: If the young person is in care to a Local Authority, please provide details as applicable
- PART 5: Complete the checklist to make sure you haven’t missed anything
- PART 6: Fully complete the parent, carer details
- PART 6: Sign and date the declaration
When completing the preference form, please note that the home address is the residential property where the young person resides for the majority of the school term.
This can be either:
- Owned by a parent, carer or the person with parental responsibility
- Leased to or rented by the parent, carer or a person with parental responsibility
If a placement is allocated on the basis of an address that is subsequently found to be different from the students normal permanent home address, then that place is liable to be withdrawn.
Please return your completed form to SENAR by end of Summer Term 2019.
You can either return it to the current school/placement’s SENCO or you can send it directly to SENAR:
- Email: SENAR.Transfers@birmingham.gov.uk
- By post: SENAR (LC), PO Box 16289, Birmingham, B2 2XN