Online forms unavailable

Due to essential maintenance, some of our online forms may be unavailable between Fri 22 June, 6 pm and Sat 23 June, 10 pm. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Worried that your child is having difficulties

If you feel that your child has special educational needs and may need additional help, firstly please talk your childs teacher or to the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) at your child's, nursery or playgroup or school.

What is the role of a SENCO?

The SENCO has regular contact with specialist teachers and education psychologists who work with the school to gain a better understanding of your child's learning needs and to develop teaching approaches to meet them.

The majority of children with special educational needs are still educated within their local mainstream school.

Teams of specialists work with teachers in developing individual programmes to help and support children who are experiencing problems.