rating button
Complaints and Misconduct Procedure | West Midlands Police and Crime Panel | Birmingham City Council

Coronavirus (COVID-19):

Coronavirus remains a serious health risk. It’s important to stay cautious and help protect yourself and others. Please continue to follow national government advice. Please continue to follow national government advice.

Complaints and Misconduct Procedure

The Panel is responsible for handling complaints about the conduct of the PCC (and Deputy PCC if appointed).

We must refer complaints alleging criminal conduct to the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) to investigate.

Non-criminal complaints are dealt with by the Panel usually through a process called Informal Resolution. The Panel seeks to mediate between both parties to solve, clarify, explain or settle the matter without investigation or formal proceedings.

Download the:

WMPCP complaint form

Completed complaint forms should be emailed to WMPCP@birmingham.gov.uk or posted to WMPCP/ Scrutiny Office, Council House, Birmingham B1 1BB