General Election 2019

The general election will take place on Thursday 12 December 2019. The deadline to apply for a postal vote is 5pm on Tuesday 26 November 2019. Are you registered to vote?

Frozen pipes

If you are a council tenant and have frozen pipes, unfortunately our engineers can't help you to restore your water supply.

If you have frozen pipes, turn off the water supply to your home. You can do this by turning off the stop tap which is usually located under the kitchen sink, in the bathroom, or by the front door.


  • never use a naked flame, blowtorch or boiling water to thaw the pipe
  • don’t leave taps dripping or running as the water may not drain down the plughole if the pipe below is frozen
  • stock up on bottled water
rating button