No heating or hot water
If your heating or hot water aren't working, try the simple steps below. You may be able to fix the problem without having to wait for an engineer.
- If you have a prepayment (token) meter, check that it hasn't run out of credit. What to do if you can't afford to top up.
- Turn your thermostat up to maximum. If your heating starts to work you can turn the thermostat back down to the temperature you want.
- Check that all radiator valves are turned up
- Check that your timer is switched on
- Check if your boiler is displaying a slow blue flashing light and the codes F77 or LF
- Check whether your pipes are frozen or if a pipe has burst.
Report the problem
If you are a council tenant and you have no heating or hot water, and you have carried out the checks above, please call us:
- 0121 216 3330
- 0121 675 8221 – textphone for people who are deaf or hard of hearing
Our engineers are very busy during the winter months. We help people who are most vulnerable first, and will help you as soon as we can.
Please make sure you are at home for your appointment. You may be charged for missed appointments.