rating button
Criminal damage | Who's responsible for repairs and home improvements? | Birmingham City Council

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Check out the latest advice, service disruptions, information and support about Coronavirus (COVID-19) Latest updates

Criminal damage

If repairs are needed because of a break-in, vandalism or other criminal damage, we will carry out work to make your home safe.

We can only do further work if you give us a police crime reference number (not a log number). If you can’t provide a crime reference number, we will charge you a reasonable cost for any urgent work we do. We will only do non-urgent work if you pay in advance.

Any work to repair criminal damage must be reported as a repair. Doing so will ensure that the repair work is performed as quickly as possible. 

Report a repair

We would also ask that you report criminal damage as an instance of anti-social behaviour

 Report anti-social behaviour