An overview of your responsibilities is given below, but please check your conditions of tenancy for full details.
- Keep your property clean and in good decorative order inside.
- Prevent waste pipes (from sinks, baths or toilets) or drains becoming blocked.
- Allow our repair contractors into your home to carry out repairs, annual safety checks and any necessary inspections.
- Repair and maintain any fixture, fitting or appliance you have provided, including washing machines, dishwashers and tumble driers.
- Prevent and control condensation.
- Prevent pipes from freezing or bursting by using any heating system provided and by lagging pipes.
- Make sure that no-one who lives in or visits your home causes any damage.
- Replace broken glass in windows and doors, unless you can prove that the cause of the damage was outside of your control and you can provide a crime reference.
- Replace keys, fobs or locks for doors or windows if your keys are lost or stolen, or you get locked out. Please note that a replacement fob will cost £10.00.
In an emergency, please contact your local housing team on 0121 464 4700.
- Try to clear any blockages in basins, sinks, baths, toilets and drains.
- Reset trip switches and replace light bulbs, fluorescent tubes or starters and plug fuses.
- Repairing, replacing and renewing TV aerials (except communal aerials). Note that you must get our permission before you put up CB aerials or satellite dishes.