Business Growth Programme eligibility
You must NOT be a Franchise, Charity, Not-for-Profit, or in the Retail Sector.
To be considered for BGP grant support you must be able to answer “YES” to each of the 9 points below by the time you submit your application form:
- Are you a Small to Medium sized Enterprise (SME) actively trading for 6 months or more? (The definition of an SME is that your business has between 1 and 249 employees, either an annual turnover of less than £35.5m, or a balance sheet less than £30.5m and be less than 25% owned by another company or combination of other companies).
- Do you operate 100% on a Business to Business (B2B) basis?
- Do you have a project which will grow your business, resulting in jobs being created? (£10,000 grant = 1 job creation)
- Can you deliver your growth project in a 4 month period following receipt of your offer of grant? (Priority will be given to investment-ready projects which can be completed within 4 months. Projects taking 4 to 6 months will only be considered under exceptional circumstances and with prior agreement.)
- Do you pay your business rates to one of the local authorities based within one of the three eligible LEP Areas? (i.e. Birmingham, Bromsgrove, Cannock, East Staffordshire, Herefordshire, Lichfield, Newcastle-Under-Lyme, Redditch, Shropshire, Solihull, South Staffordshire, Stafford, Staffordshire Moorlands, Stoke-on-Trent, Tamworth, Telford and Wrekin or Wyre Forest).
- Is your business activity listed as “eligible” on the attached Business Activity List?
- Do you have cash match? (Cash funding is the difference between the grant you are seeking and the remaining cost of your project. All applicants must provide cash funding which can be sourced from the private sector, but not other European Funds or Asset Finance). This cash match will need to be confirmed.
- You can obtain 3 competitive quotes (unless dealing with a very specialist item) for each element of the proposed expenditure? (Quotes for project expenditure should not be from persons or businesses connected to your business, directors or shareholders).
- Can you confirm that you can provide full financial accounts, or a Business Plan if you've only been trading for 6 months?
If you answered “YES” to all the above, the links below will provide more information to find out which of our four components of business support best suits your needs. Contact the Growth Hub in your partnership area, which will provide FREE advice in completing your application.
HS2 Supply Chain Programme: Offers grant support of £20,000 to approx. £167,000 towards project costs for supply chain companies which have, or are in the process of securing, or have the ability to secure a contract for HS2.
Green Bridge Supply Chain Programme: Offers grant support of £20,000 to £150,000 towards project costs for supply chain companies operating in, or diversifying into the green economy.
Business Innovation Programme: Offers grant support of £10,000 to £30,000 towards project costs for SMEs investing in innovative close-to-market processes, products and services.
Business Development Programme: Offers grant support of £10,000 to £20,000 towards project costs for businesses looking to expand, relocate and improve access to markets.
Note 1: The use of consultants or third parties in completing the application form is an ineligible cost.
Note 2: The programme limits awards to one grant per SME from any ONE of the four components of the Business Growth Programme (i.e. you cannot apply for a grant from each component).