Centre rules - swimming
Use of the pool will be via pre-booked slots only. You can pre-book your session online or by telephoning the centre. You will need a leisure card in order to do this.
Slots will initially be available to book a maximum of 48 hours in advance, subject to availability.
Sessions may be cancelled up to 2 hours before your session time. Failure to cancel your session will incur a "did not attend" record. Any member not showing for 3 sessions in a single month period will have their booking rights withdrawn for a period of one week.
- Please do not attend the facility if you or a family member are unwell.
- You must pre-book your session to gain entry.
- You will be asked for your details for test and trace purposes (please ensure your membership details are up to date).
- Please do NOT congregate with other customers pre/post swim or turn up too early for your session.
- Please sanitise/ wash hands pre and post swim.
- Please come "beach ready" i.e. wearing your costume or swim shorts under your clothes.
- Please shower at home pre and post swim (showers may be available for use but this will help reduce time spent in the changing rooms).
- In line with government guidance you must wear a face covering at all times within the centre except during your swimming session.
- Lockers or baskets will be allocated on arrival.
- Do not bring any valuables into the centre.
- Bring a filled water bottle with you – some facilities may not have refreshments available to purchase.
- Bottles can be left at the end of a lane for rehydration if needed. Glass bottles will not be permitted.
During your swim
All members must ensure they have read and understood the pool operation during this time.
- All members and visitors must always maintain social distance rules and follow all instructional signage and requests from poolside staff.
- There will be limited numbers in the sessions.
- Lane swimming with directional signage will be in place.
- Please do not overtake the person in front of you and remain a good distance behind them.
- Please choose the lane that suits your ability or preference.
- If you need to stop at the end of a lane, please keep near a lane rope so you can avoid swimmers turning at the end of the lane.
- Please do not have more than two people at the end of each lane who are resting and keep at least a 1 metre apart.
- Please ensure you bring your own kick board or float as these will not be available for general swimming sessions.
- Please keep front crawl leg kick under the surface to avoid splashing the person behind you – you may go faster too!
- Your session includes time to dry off and get changed. Please exit the pool when requested by staff.
- The centre may blow a whistle to indicate the end of your session.
- Please leave the pool promptly by the designated steps at the end of your session.
- Showers may not be available so please plan to shower when you get home.
- If there are no changing rooms available, then please dry off on the deck and if you have a modesty towel then please use this to towel off and re-dress.
- As you leave the facility please wash/sanitise your hands as you go.
- Please follow the exit route that has been marked for you to enable a social distance between customers.