Centre rules - swimming
Use of the pool will be via pre-booked slots only. You can pre-book your session(s) online, by telephoning the centre or visiting the site. You will need a leisure card in order to do this.
Slots will initially be available to book a maximum of 48 hours in advance, subject to availability.
Sessions may be cancelled up to 2 hours before your session time. Failure to cancel your session will incur a "did not attend" record. Any member not showing for 3 sessions in a single month period will have their booking rights withdrawn for a period of one week.
All children under the age of eight should always be accompanied in and out of the water during unprogrammed swimming sessions by a parent. Such sessions are those that are open for public recreational swimming as opposed to those under the direct control or instruction of a group organiser or class teacher/coach.
- Please do not attend the facility if you or a family member are unwell.
- You must pre-book your session to gain entry.
- We encourage you to continue to provide your details for test and trace purposes (please ensure your membership details are up to date).
- Please do NOT congregate with other customers pre/post swim or turn up too early for your session.
- Please sanitise/ wash hands pre and post swim.
- In line with government guidance it is optional to wear a face covering; however we would like you to wear one at all times within the centre except during your swimming session.
- Do not bring any valuables into the centre.
- Bring a filled water bottle with you – some facilities may not have refreshments available to purchase.
- Bottles can be left at the end of a lane for rehydration if needed. Glass bottles will not be permitted.
During your swim
All members must ensure they have read and understood the pool operation during this time.
- All members and visitors must always maintain social distance rules and follow all instructional signage and requests from poolside staff.
- There may be limited numbers in the sessions.
- Lane swimming with directional signage will be in place.
- Please choose the lane that suits your ability or preference.
- If you need to stop at the end of a lane, please keep near a lane rope so you can avoid swimmers turning at the end of the lane.
- Please ensure you bring your own kick board or float as these will not be available for general swimming sessions.
- Your session includes time to dry off and get changed. Please exit the pool when requested by staff.
- The centre may blow a whistle to indicate the end of your session.
- Please leave the pool promptly by the designated steps at the end of your session.
- As you leave the facility please wash/sanitise your hands as you go.
- Please follow the exit route that has been marked for you to enable a social distance between customers.