Typically, Private Rented Services are unable to assist with the following complaints:
- Single-glazed windows (double glazing is not a requirement)
- Dirty carpets
- Broken appliances
- Broken kitchen cupboard doors
- Broken or missing furniture
- Overgrown gardens (unless it is in a House in Multiple Occupation)
- Damaged bath panels
- Missing keys to windows or doors
- Broken fencing
- Tenant damage
However, you should check your tenancy agreement for your landlord’s obligations as there might be a provision under Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018 for a tenant to take private civil action in relation to repairs.
External organisations such a Shelter and the Citizens Advice Bureau may be able to help.