COVID-19 - Changes to our services
- We will only carry out inspections of private rented properties where it is essential to do so and / or where there is an emergency related to disrepair or illegal eviction and it is safe to do so.
- Private landlords remain legally obligated to ensure properties meet the required standards, and should keep up to date with government guidance and any changes to the law.
- Where essential inspections do take place inspecting officers will be carrying out safeguarding measures to protect staff and customers.
- Following the guidance set out by the Government regarding Covid-19, we’re asking you to take extra precautions when we visit to ensure everyone’s safety. Namely:
- Please ensure you are wearing face coverings at the time of the inspection. This does not necessarily have to be surgical masks.
- Open all the windows to let in the fresh air.
- Please open all the internal doors, any under stairs cupboards, airing cupboards, meter cupboards.
- Please switch on the lights in each room.
- To remain socially distanced, you may be asked to wait in the garden, car or another safe place until the inspection in completed. If you wish to bring a number of issues regarding the property, a discussion can be made outside prior or after the inspection.
- All communications should be made via email where not possible post is acceptable however there may be delay.
- We cannot prevent your landlord from evicting you as a result of your complaint your landlord or agent will have to be made aware of the complaint.
- We will have inform your landlord of any inspections that are carried out.
- We have no influence on any application you may have for council housing.