What does Live chat do?
Live chat provides online support for citizens who need support when they can't find what they are looking for on the council's website, through chat.
What information do we collect?
If you engage with our live chat, we may collect:
- Name and email address
- Chat transcripts
- Completed surveys
- Automatic information, such as IP address, operating system and type of browser and the geographical location
How do we use the information the council collects?
- use of email when we need to contact you about the chat
- survey responses to improve our services
- we may share this information with third parties if it is needed to help investigate or help you with your enquiry. All the information will be held in a secure environment and only authorised staff will be able to access it.
- we use a third party service provider called Cirrus Response Limited to help us in hosting the live chat platform.
How do we keep your information secure?
Access and changes to personal data
You have the right to request information from the council, relating to your live chat. You can also request removal or amendments to your personal data.