You have certain rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. In particular, you may have a right to:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure (right to be forgotten) – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of data portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing, the performance of a legal task and scientific or historical research.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling.
- The right to withdraw consent - If the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent then you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
Some of the rights are complex, and there are circumstances where your rights will not apply, for example the right to erasure will not apply if your personal data is required for legal proceedings. It is recommended that you read the relevant guidance notes on the council website, or on the ICO’s website for further information.