Report a lost dog, stray dog, dangerous dogs or a dog fouling issue
You can report the following dog issues:
- Lost dogs
- Dog welfare
- Stray dogs (stray dogs are taken to Birmingham Dog’s Home)
- Dangerous dogs (irresponsible owners)
- Dog fouling
Your completed form will be sent to the dog warden who will attempt to respond within one working day.
Contact us by phone
- Office hours: 0121 303 6007
- Weekends and outside office hours only: 07500 553 000 (don’t text this number)
Urgent reports about dangerous dogs
For urgent dangerous dog issues, including dog bites if you know who the owner of the dog is, please dial 999 to alert the police. If it’s not an emergency but you’d still like police assistance or guidance please dial 101.
Public Spaces Protection Orders
We can serve fixed penalty notices to people who break these orders in the Birmingham area without a valid reason. These orders make it an offence for a dog owner (or anyone in charge of dog) to:
- not remove their dog's waste
- not keep their dogs on a lead on roads, footways and verges
- not keep their dogs away from children’s play areas or school land
- not place their dogs on a lead when asked to by a council officer
- take more than 4 dogs at a time onto any public land
Failure to respond to a fixed penalty notice can result in prosecution.
If you would like to report a dog owner breaking any of the above orders, please use the online form and select the most appropriate option to describe the breach.