Who can apply
To apply for the Building Birmingham Scholarship, candidates must:
- Be aged between 16 and 24, and under 25 at the start of their degree course.
- Be planning to go to or have secured a place on a higher education course at a Birmingham college or university.
- Not already have a degree, this must be your first degree.
- Be a Birmingham resident for 3 years or more, living in Birmingham, and settled in the UK within the meaning of the UK immigration act.
- Be a UK commonwealth or EU citizen with indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
- Have an annual family household income of no more than £35,000.
Applicants will be eligible for a scholarship should they already receive funding from another source, as long as there is no duplication between the types of support granted.
Both full time and part time students are eligible to receive the scholarship.