Appeals for Year 7
Before deciding to appeal
Please consider the following carefully:
- Do you have compelling reasons why your child should attend the school(s) you applied for and were refused at?
- Would your child be particularly disadvantaged by not attending the school(s) you applied for and were refused at?
- Any there exceptional circumstances which would prevent your child from attending the school they have been offered?
- Has a mistake been made which meant your child wasn’t offered a place at a school you applied for?
- Do you have any evidence to support your appeal, eg hospital or doctor’s documents?
- Look at the statistics below for the number of appeals that were successful in previous years
- If your child has an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) you must contact the Special Educational Needs Assessment and Review Service on 0121 303 1888
How to appeal
Only use this form for children born between 1/9/2006 and 31/8/2007