Apply for a secondary school (year 7) place
If you live in Birmingham you can apply online for a Secondary school Year 7 place for Birmingham schools. If you live outside of Birmingham and want to apply for a Birmingham school read more about applying to a different local authority.
Step 1 - Find a school
Step 2 - Find out about a school
- If you have not done so already, please read our guide to finding a school for many important considerations.
- Visit the school - most schools have open days and evenings throughout September.
- Read the Secondary school admission arrangements - how realistic is it that your child would be offered a place at that school?
- Some schools (mainly faith schools and some academies) will ask you to send supplementary information directly to them, visit the school's own website for details and the supplementary information form.
- Think about how your child would travel to school.
- You have until 31 October 2017 to research and decide which 6 secondary schools to list as preferences on your application form.
Step 3 - Apply online
- All applications submitted after the 31 October 2017 are classed as late applications and will be processed after the announcement of secondary school places on 1 March 2018 on regular basis.
- If you require any further information after reading all the information on the website please call the Children’s Information and Advice Service on 0121 303 1888.