The process for offering school places in Birmingham
There are several times throughout your child’s education when you might need to apply for a school or academy place:
- starting Reception or Year 1 (primary school or infants)
- transferring from infant school to junior or primary school
- starting secondary school (Year 7)
- moving to a 14-19 academy (Year 10)
- moving to another school during the school year (in-year admissions)
- moving to sixth form (year 12)
For all of the above, with the exception of sixth form and in-year admissions, apply online to Birmingham City Council.
For sixth form and in-year admissions, apply directly to the school.