Birmingham Education Services Delivery and Improvement Plan
Birmingham’s Education Services Delivery and Improvement Plan sets out the Council’s aims for improving education in Birmingham, and includes an action plan for how it will achieve them.
The five key actions of the education service delivery and improvement plan are:
- Securing a good school place for children in the city.
- Raising attainment and closing gaps for children across Birmingham.
- Ensuring children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities have their needs met in appropriate provision.
- Ensuring children are safe and develop resilience.
- Preparing young people with skills they need for life.
The plan builds on the findings of:
- the Clarke Report
- the Kershaw Report
- the LGA Peer Feedback Report
- the Birmingham Curriculum Statement
Future of education in Birmingham
We set out the future of education in Birmingham in the Changing Times report launched on 29 September 2016