The City Council’s Driver Training Centre has a long history of consistently high pass rate in LGV (cat C) and PCV (cat D1) tests.
Courses can be tailored to suit individual requirements. All training is conducted by qualified DSA, MiDAS and JAUPT instructors.
Larger Goods Vehicle (LGV) training
- Category C: for those who hold a full car licence and are over 18, to drive rigid body large goods vehicles. (Please note: Theory tests will need to be passed prior to training).
Driver CPC training
- Initial Qualification Module 4 training, for all new and existing drivers who wish to drive professionally, and require an LGV or PCV licence in order to do their job.
- 7 hour approved course to go towards your 35 hours of periodic training to retain your Driver Certificate of Professional Competence which are run all year round
Minibus driver training and courses
- Category D1: for those who hold a full car licence and are over 21 to drive a minibus with up to 16 passenger seats. (Please note: Theory tests will need to be passed prior to training)
- MiDAS Minibus Modules 1 and 2
- Minibus Evacuation Procedures
Other services provided
- Pre-employment and other checks on all types of vehicle (authorisation cards issued where required.
- Re-assessments (e.g. after accidents) or longer assessments and refresher training.
- Taxi Driver Assessments