Birmingham City Council section 114 notice updates

To find out more about the section 114 notice, visit our section 114 page

Right to work

UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) regulations require all organisations to obtain proof that every ‘individual’ who carries out work for them under a contract of employment, apprenticeship, or service, has the right to work in the UK.

Right to work will be fully checked by the Council in line with Home Office requirements.

Applicants from outside the UK and Ireland who do not have a right to work in the UK, must obtain an approved visa from the UK Visas and Immigration, before any employment offer can be confirmed.

A Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council may be requested if an applicant is applying for a visa under the skilled worker route and the job is eligible for visa sponsorship.

EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein, or their family members that were already living in the UK by 31 December 2020, will need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) to continue working in the UK after 30 June 2021.

The Home Office Right to Work Checking Service available on GOV.UK, gives employers access to up-to-date, real-time information about migrants’ right to work, with the applicants consent.

rating button