rating button
Right to work | Birmingham City Council

Tributes paid after death of the Duke of Edinburgh

Cllr Mohammed Azim, Lord Mayor of Birmingham, has commented following the death of the Duke of Edinburgh. Full details of Birmingham's response

Right to work

Anyone applying for a job with us will need to provide evidence of their identity and right to work in the UK. All documentation will be fully checked.

Non-UK applicants who do not have a right to work in the UK must apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council, approved by UK Visas and Immigration, before any employment offer can be confirmed, unless they are an EEA or Swiss citizen that was already employed by the Council prior to 31st December 2020, then they will need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) instead.