Work experience for the unemployed
Birmingham City Council is working in partnership with Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to offer a diverse range of work experience placements across our departments. These placements are for unemployed people in receipt of Job Seekers Allowance, Universal Credit, Employment and Support Allowance and Income Support.
The aim is to support unemployed people to:
- Gain experience and vocational skills
- Understand how a workplace operates
- Develop your social skills and resilience/confidence
- Improve your CV and evidence your keenness to work
- Develop your interview techniques for greater success.
Work experience can be for a minimum of 2 weeks but can last up to 8 weeks and is for 30 hours per week.
Participants can be supported with their travel costs.
If you want to participate in the programme or require further information please contact your work coach at your local Jobcentre.