Volunteering with Birmingham community libraries
We are looking for volunteers to help support this year's Summer Reading Challenge.
Birmingham Community Libraries are looking for young volunteers (aged 15 to 24) who love books and reading. Volunteers will be introducing library visitors to the Summer Reading Challenge. The challenge encourages children to read 6 books during the summer.
If you are interested in volunteering at a community library, please download and complete an expression of interest form. You can visit your local library with your completed form or email a signed copy of your form to firstname.lastname@example.org. After we have received your application, you will be invited to an induction session.
Applications to volunteer during the summer vacation close on Monday 8 July 2019.
By volunteering for the Summer Reading Challenge you will be:
- gaining new skills and experience that will look great on your CV
- meeting new people
- helping children enjoy reading
- giving back to your community
What will I be doing as a volunteer?
- Valuable work experience
- New friends
- The opportunity to develop confidence, social skills, employment opportunities and literacy skills
- The chance to make a positive contribution to your community”