Volunteering with Birmingham community libraries
We are looking for front of house volunteers for Hall Green, Sparkhill, Erdington, Yardley Wood, Harborne and Spring Hill Libraries
Are you friendly and like talking to people? Have you got good ICT skills? Do you enjoy helping people? We are looking for volunteers that help customers learn to use the self service machines in libraries. Volunteers welcome borrowers into our libraries and show them how to issue, renew and return their books. Our volunteers also help library customers access our public internet booking service and log-on to our free WiFi provision.
If you volunteer with Birmingham community libraries we can:
- write a reference for you
- introduce you to a working environment
- provide you with an experience that will look good on your CV
- give you the chance to meet new friends and socialise
If this type of volunteering sounds interesting you will need to:
- Complete the form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend an informal induction at Spring Hill Library, Spring Hill, Birmingham, B18 7BH
- Attend a training session at Spring Hill Library, Spring Hill, Birmingham, B18 7BH
Volunteering placements are normally for between 1 to 2 hours per week, specific days and time are to be confirmed. Unfortunately Birmingham Community Libraries are unable to provide expenses.
If you would like further information please email email@example.com.