Public consultation on Birmingham’s Clean Air Zone took place in Summer 2018. You can still read the consultation information on our consultation website:
Following this, on 10 September 2018 Cabinet approved the submission to Government of our Preferred Option Business Case.
Following Cabinet approval, our final Full Business Case will be submitted to Government in December 2018. We hope to have approval to proceed and confirmation of Government funding in February 2019.
On 18 June 2019, Birmingham City Council and Leeds City Council issued a joint statement regarding delays to our Clean Air Zones. You are invited to read the full statement online.
The links above include a lot of technical information and reports. In addition, you can download and read:
- Air Quality Modelling Report
- Transport Modelling Report
- Transport Modelling Report Appendix B – Methodology
- Transport Modelling Report Appendix D – Benchmarking and Sensitivity Testing
- Transport Modelling Report Appendix E – 2020 Forecast
- Distributional Impact Appraisal
- BCC responses to issues raised at consultation