The Home Care Enablement Service
The Home Care Enablement Service helps you to relearn skills such as washing, dressing and cooking, or learn new ways of doing things, so you can be as independent as possible.
The Home Care Enablement Service may be for you if you:
- have been in hospital and need help to learn how to manage when you get home
- are recovering from an illness or injury
We will work with you at home for up to six weeks. We will help you to learn, or relearn, how to manage at home and get your confidence back.
For example, we can help you relearn, or learn a new way, to:
- get in and get out of bed
- get in and out of the bath or shower
- get dressed and undressed
- prepare meals and snacks
We can give you advice on where to obtain equipment and devices to help you live as independently as possible in your own home, such as:
- a bath lift
- a kettle tipper, kitchen trolley or perching stool to help you relearn how to prepare drinks and meals
- a fall detector that alerts a relative or carer if you have a fall at home
- a pill dispenser that will remind you to take your medication
We may ask an occupational therapist to help you choose the most suitable equipment for your needs. We can help you to practise using it.