Online forms unavailable

Due to essential maintenance, some of our online forms will be unavailable on Thursday 18 October from 6pm to Saturday 20 October 8pm. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Apply for a Carer’s Break Grant

Birmingham City Council has closed the Carers Break Grants scheme so carer (short break) grants are no longer be available. However, because of the Council’s ongoing commitment to support carers funds have been transferred Birmingham Carer Hub in order to offer ‘Carer Wellbeing Budgets’ to eligible carers.

As part of undertaking a carer’s assessment (caring for an adult only), your needs as a carer will be identified. It will be agreed with you how these needs will best be met and what specific outcomes you want to achieve. Your outcomes can be met in a number of ways including with the offer of information and advice and support services. It may also include allocating you a ‘Carer Wellbeing Budget’.

To request a carers assessment, please contact Birmingham Carers Hub:

If your require respite support urgently you can contact Birmingham City Council ACAP team on 0121 303 1234


rating button