Birmingham City Council section 114 notice updates

To find out more about the section 114 notice, visit our section 114 page

Help to use or move around your home

Are you finding it difficult to use and move around your home?

You are entitled to have a conversation with the Occupational Therapy team if you are:

  • a Birmingham resident
  • elderly, or at least 18 years old
  • have a physical disability making it hard to use or move around your home

This means that a specialist in the occupational therapy team will discuss your health and situation by telephone and may visit you in your home to have a conversation with you and provide advice.

The occupational therapist may recommend:

  • minor adaptations to your home, such as installing hand rails or lever taps
  • major adaptations, such as installing a stair lift or downstairs bathroom

If your home needs major adaptations, we’ll also complete a financial assessment with you. You may be eligible for financial help through schemes such as the Disabled Facilities Grant.

Contact us to arrange for an occupational therapist to visit.

For more information, visit occupational therapy for adults

Page last updated: 7 June 2023

rating button