Coronavirus (COVID-19):

Coronavirus remains a serious health risk. It’s important to stay cautious and help protect yourself and others. Please continue to follow national government advice.

Services for adults who are deaf or hard of hearing

If you’re over 18-years-old and with hearing loss which is affecting your daily living, you may be eligible for additional support.

For us to work out how much help you’ll need to make life easier for you we’ll need to carry out an assessment. We will meet with you to discuss how to support you. During this discussion we will help to identify your strengths as well as your needs. We will tell you what specialist support and services you are able to access, as well as community resources.

Request a conversation

A conversation is simply a discussion between yourself and a social work professional to understand what help and support you might need coping with life on a day to day basis.

If you need help adapting to and managing a new diagnosis or change in your condition, you can contact BID’s ACCESS Service for information, advice and guidance, including help with benefits, accessing specialist services, workshops and training, groups and activities, emotional support and support to remain independent.

The Children's Advice and Support Service (CASS) can help offer information about children (from birth to 17 years-old) with hearing loss.

rating button