Day opportunities for adults - Vision and strategy
Birmingham City Council is redesigning the day opportunity provision for adults in Birmingham and wants your input.
All information about the plans will be shared on this page including details of consultations and engagement sessions.
Day Opportunities are the activities that people take part in during the day. This may include elements of work, volunteering, contributing to the wellbeing of others, leisure, sport, heathy living, education, arts, training and developing skills for independent living.
The Day Opportunities Vision and Strategy aims to;
- utilise services within local communities
- involve service users, carers, service providers and other professionals
- working in partnership to co-produce the new approach
- utilise the strengths of different stakeholders
- gain a greater understanding of what is available across Birmingham
The proposed vision for adults 18+ in Birmingham are that they should be able to ‘have a good day’ by:
- undertaking activities that have a purpose
- being in ordinary places
- doing things that most members of the community would be doing
- doing things that are right for them personally
- receiving support that meets their individual and specific requirements and overcomes inequalities
- meeting local people, developing friendships, connections and a sense of belonging